The importance of communication to the guest experience
The manner in which hotels communicate with travelers has far-reaching implications, influencing sentiment and behavior throughout the traveler’s journey, including:
- Impressions of the property and its staff
- Decisions whether or not to book a room
- Expectations upon arrival
- On-property purchase decisions
- Ratings and comments in post-stay surveys and reviews
- Decisions whether or not to return
Given what’s at stake, hotels must build a communication strategy that ensures a positive experience at every stage of the guest journey. This includes:
- Pre-stay communications such as confirmations and pre-arrival messaging.
- In-stay communications, such as information shared at check-in and throughout the stay.
- Post-stay communications, such as requests for feedback and promotional offers to come back.